Prague is not only the capital of Czech Republic but also the capital of beer. I am not an expert when it comes to the different kinds of beer, but while my time in Prague, I learned a lot about good tasting beers. Here are my most favorite brands:


N°1- BRANIK 

Ok, to be totally honest I tried this one, because it was very cheap BUT it is very tasty! I liked it a lot, because of the aromatic flavor. You should know that most of the beer in grocery stores is available in bottles and in cans. In our group most of the people drank out of cans only, me too, because it is very handy and in my opinion it also tastes better. 





N°2-BAKALAR

A friend of me tried this one in a restaurant and it was so different from others. You know for me, most beer types taste pretty similar, but this one wasn't only aromatic there was a harsh touch in it too. For me it stands for the typical Prague feeling. Of course everyone experiences a city in a different way, but that is my impression of the capital.



N°3-BUDWEISER

Of course, this one had to appear in this ranking! The original Budweiser doesn't taste bad and even much better than the american version. To give you a more concrete description, Budweiser tastes lightly herb, but just so much that it is still suitable for most people. Because of it's missing individuality it landed only on the third rank. A positive aspect about this one is that I can buy it in Germany too.  


N°4-KOZEL

When you go for czech food you are likely to find lots of restaurants with a Kozel sign outside. It felt like this is the local brand everyone in Prague goes for. I think this one is not bad, but for me the aroma was a too herb and also a tiny bit moldy. You also need to take a closer look on the logo. There is a goat with a cup of beer in between it's legs! I have no idea how they got such an idea, but well that's the Czech. 


N°5-PILSNER URQUELL

This one is a classic too! There is not a lot to say about this one. It is better than most of the beers in my hometown, I'm sorry for all of you Ehringsdorfer lovers, but nothing very special.