Yes, we are still alive! The past months have been quite busy and, to be totally honest, we have been too lazy to write anything. But now we are back and we promise to write more!!!

After Christmas holidays with eating all day long, I found myself continuing like this week after week.
The thought of eating anything, even if I wasn't hungry at all was too tempting and if I didn't eat, I was thinking about what to eat next.
I realized that this had to stop and told myself not to eat as much anymore. That's easily said! A consequence of my behaviour was that I got sort of addicted to eating. My body simply got used to a snack every half an hour and I felt hungry if I didn't do so.
Well, I thought a lot about how to change this when a website about a sugar free diet appeared to me. It said that you can get addicted to sugar and if you stop eating it your body feels a deprivation.
This sounded plausible and so I tried to avoid sugar.
And failed.
Everytime I saw a chocolate bar or any praliné I couldn't resist and if I made it for a longer time completely without sugar, I ate even more when starting again.
Last week I made a plan, because I really wanted to stop this feeling of being hungry all day long, no matter how much I ate.
The plan was to eat anything, but no chocolate, which meant nearly no refined sugars for me at all. Plus instead of sitting around and thinking about what to eat next I made my daily abs workout.
I started my morning with a big portion of oatmeal and an apple(as a sweet component) combined with a cup of tea, so that I went to school feeling satisfied.
I took some rice cakes with me, in case I needed a snack.
After school my first thing to do was to make lunch and not a small and healthy salad or this kind of thing. No, I cooked like a big portion of noodles with vegeatables or rice. If I was still hungry, I allowed myself to get a dessert in form of a plain yoghurt or fruits.
My aim was to feel so full that it would hold until dinner.
For dinner my secret was to eat some sandwiches out of whole grain bread with cheese and stuff like this.
So I ate like very much at the meal times to avoid appetite on chocolate and when I had this feeling, I ate some sweet fruits.
It was much more easier than I would have expected to stand the whole week like this. I've learned a lot about foods that make me feel stuffed or not, for example nuts don't work for me.
The problem about eating too much, no matter what, is that you forget to appreciate the food. 
There was a time I ate like two chocolate bars a day usually, the taste became routine.
I started eating chocolate again on Sunday and it was incredible!
The funny thing about it is, that I really stopped thinking the whole day about eating.
As I researched a little bit more on living sugar-free, I found out that it's not even the sugar itself that causes that kind of addiction, but the act of snacking. Everytime we have a snack or some sweets it is a moment of relaxation which our body remembers and wants to repeat. It's like compulsive gaming, you feel satisfaction by winning a game and want to repeat it, but you don't realize how bad it actually is for you.
Well, maybe the consumption of chocolate is not as bad as compulsive gaming, there are quite a lot healthy benefits from dark chocolate, but more and more people are getting diabetes these days, which shows that we should rethink our daily sugar consumption. 
I just realized that completely living without my beloved chocolate ends in a total chocolate feast without limits time by time. 
In the end one week was a perfect time for getting back to appreciation instead of overconsumption. 

So I'm gonna get my portion of chocolate now, see you soon! 
I'd be happy to read about your personal experiences in the comments!